Install some software
apt-get install imagej wget imagemagick bash
Get a JSON with all the versions of a image on Wikipedia
Let’s assume you want to watch how the invasion in Ukraine took place. That’s this one:
You can use wget or in your browser just do save file as (use RAW data at the top then, for example in Firefox).
Fetch the images
ITEMS=`cat api-result.json | jq '.query.pages."-1".imageinfo | . | .url'`
for a in $ITEMS
Convert them to PNGs:
Normally they are already in the right order. So no renaming should be needed. Else you have to add to the iiprop of the query ‘timestamp’ and then with jg you extract that from the JSON to for example add it somehow to the filenames.
Or just use touch to change the file’s last modification date after wget fetched it and then here you use UNIX find to loop in the right order, and write PNG files like 0001.png, 0002.png, etc.
for a in svg/*
# You can come up with a better translation for the filename
b=`echo $a | sed s/svg//g`
convert -density 250 -size 1546x1038 $a png/$b.png
Convert PNGs to a movie
- Start imagej
- File > Import > Image Sequence
- Select the png directory where the images where converted to
- File -> Save As -> AVI -> fill in 2 frames per second -> movie.avi
Convert into fake-news, propaganda, etc
- Use another software to insert dramatic background music
- Upload to youtube for fame and fortune or whatever
- Buy likes, become a hipster, convert from hipster to influencer